22nd SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST OCTOBER 16, 2016
9:00 A.M. Bulletin
BACK DOOR CHURCH
“You’ve Got A Friend”
Rev. Matthew D. Randolph
Everyone is invited to the Fellowship Hall
after worship for refreshments.
- THIS WEEK IN THE LIFE OF THE CHURCH:
- Today---gift card & The Ultimate Cloth® sales immediately following 9:00 a.m. worship; and just prior to “Back Door Church Service”.
- Matt will be back from his study leave and in the office Tuesday, October 18.
- Sandy, your Administrative Assistant, will out of the office October 12 through October 19.
- Donegal Men will meet Wednesday for breakfast, fellowship and prayer, at Gus’s Keystone Restaurant. In by 7:00, out by 8:00.
- Worship Team Meeting, Wednesday, October 19, 6:30 p.m.
- Choir Rehearsal, Wednesday, 7:30 p.m.
- Contract Bridge Thursday, October 20, 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- Executive Committee of the Donegal Society will meet Thursday, October 20, 5:00 p.m. here at the church.
- Session Meeting, Thursday, October 20, 7:00 p.m.
LOOKING AHEAD IN THE LIFE OF THE CHURCH:
- November Newsletter Deadline is Sunday, October 23. All interesting and informational articles can be placed in the secretary’s mailbox in the Communication Center or church office or you may e-mail it.
- PW Coordinating Team Meeting, Sunday, October 23, 10:00 a.m.
- Consecration Sunday, October 23.
- Over 70’s Luncheon, Sunday, October 23, 12:30 p.m.
- Donegal Outreach Team Meeting, Thursday, October 27, 7:00 p.m.
- Special Congregational Meeting to be held Sunday, October 30, following the 9:00 a.m. service of worship to receive and vote on the Nominating Committee’s Slate of Officers for the Class of 2019.
2015 HISTORICAL PRESERVATION VIDEO
CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO NOW
Reflection for the Christian Life
Jesus’ question at the end of his parable is haunting, “…when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?” Will he find faith in us—persistent, tireless faith seeking justice? What are the things that breed discouragement in our lives? How can our faithfulness be bolstered, so that God’s justice may be found?