THIRD SUNDAY OF ADVENT
DECEMBER 11, 2016
9:00 A.M. Bulletin
BACK DOOR CHURCH
“The Location of JOY””
Everyone is invited to the Fellowship Hall
after worship for refreshments.
Fair Trade Coffee!
Did you know that we serve fair trade coffee, purchased from Equal Exchange, during Fellowship time? Profits from our purchase, not only, goes to small scale farmers, but Equal Exchange also donates a portion of our purchase to the Presbyterian Hunger Program! We encourage you to participate in this worthy project, and order a case of coffee for your drinking pleasure! Since we purchase the coffee thru the interfaith program, we can offer you the coffee at a lower price than you will find fair trade coffee in the grocery store! Any questions or to order, contact Pat Garrigan at 717-808-2120. Thank you for your support of Equal Exchange!
- THIS WEEK IN THE LIFE OF THE CHURCH:
- Donegal Historian Team Meeting, today, 10:30 a.m.
- B&G Team Meeting, Tuesday, December 13, 7:00 p.m.
- Donegal Men will meet Wednesday for breakfast, fellowship and prayer, at Gus’s Keystone Restaurant. In by 7:00, out by 8:00.
- Morning Bible Study Circle will meet Wednesday, December 14, 10:00 a.m. at the home of Linda Mains, 1388 Hemingway Lane, Mount Joy, to study together lesson #4. Please see Linda for directions. Parking is limited so for carpooling call Gloria Straub 653-5481
- Choir Rehearsal, Wednesday, 7:30 p.m.
- Contract Bridge, Thursday, December 15, 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- Session Meeting, Thursday, December 15, 7:00 p.m.
LOOKING AHEAD IN THE LIFE OF THE CHURCH:
- January Newsletter Deadline is Sunday, December 18. All interesting and informational articles can be placed in the secretary’s mailbox in the Communication Center or church office or you may e-mail it.
- We will celebrate communion, Sunday, December 18.
- Christmas Joy Offering will be received Sunday, December 18.
- Christmas Caroling: The Youth of the church are inviting everyone to go Christmas Caroling on December 18. Plan on meeting at the church at 3:45 p.m. and then return to the church for pizza and fellowship. Sign-up if you can donate drinks or a dessert.
- Christmas Eve Services at 5:00 p.m. in Fellowship Hall with a Festival of Lessons and Carols, a special presentation titled “There Is Always Time”, and the lighting of the candles at 8:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary with a Festival of Lessons and Carols, a Christmas Eve message by Matt, and the lighting of the candles.
- Christmas Day Service, one service at 11:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary with communion. This service will be a carol focused service (not a carol sing), with two short reflections from Matt. GRACE CIRCLE will NOT meet in December. GIVING TREE: Pick a red paper ornament which represent
2015 HISTORICAL PRESERVATION VIDEO
CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO NOW
REFLECTIONS FOR A CHRISTIAN LIFE:
What does the kingdom of heaven have to do with the signs that Jesus describes for John’s disciples: “the blind receive their sight, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the poor have good news brought to them” (Matt. 11:5)? Where have you seen or heard such things?